[c-nsp] netiquette

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 17 05:54:33 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Marco Regini wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> So if I post a question to cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net and tom at gmail.com
> answer to me directly, I can't replay to the mailing list but only to tom?
>
> Even if the message is only about technical stuff?

That is correct. Unless you KNOW for sure that Tom is ok with you posting
his reply to the list, you shouldn't do it.

What Tom is telling you might be for your eyes only and he doesn't want to
share it with the rest of the world, and you might not realise it.

The correct way of handling this is to reply to your own email to the list
and supply the new information (if you feel it's not a secret). Then at
least the world won't know who said it to you.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se