[c-nsp] BRAS Redundancy

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Tue Feb 23 10:25:16 EST 2010

Anthony,

I have never really seen static IP assignments in this environments
using DHCP... Usually you would use a PPP (PPPoE?) session which would
be terminated on a specific BRAS, and then provisioned with the fixed IP
information coming from RADIUS.

If your environment is small (will not grow beyond this scale) then
maybe you could use a DHCP pool on each router, setting the gateway
locally, while providing the actual address from the DHCP server.

Arie