[c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:56:28 EST 2010

Hi,

as I am not native english speaker I don't know how to name my problem
but I will try to give as much details as possible.
Here it is, I have Cisco 7600 wich is core switch, and it have one
uplink to our edge router (it is SVI interface). Now, I would like to
insert
a transparent cache engine. That would not be a problem, except that
connection between edge and core is fiber and
transparent device has only a copper ports. I know that I can buy
media converters, but what I would really like before
is to connect cache to core and forward all (to and from internet) via
cache and then back to core and so on.
Something like this:

------------
| EDGE |

   --|--
   | C |
   | O |-------CACHE
   | E |
   -----

USERS

Is this possible at all, and is there are any other solutions?

Thank you.