[c-nsp] Comparision between Cisco and Juniper Data Center Switches

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Thu Feb 25 06:00:55 EST 2010

On 25/02/2010 10:36, Muhammad Atif Jauahar wrote:
>>  We are going to upgrade our Data Center we need 2 (redundant) core
>> switches with top of rack switches (Edge).
>>
>> We get two Proposals
>>
>                 1. 2 x EX8216 Switches (Core) and few EX4200 Switches (Edge)
>                  2. 2 x Nexus 7000 (Core), 2 Nexus 5000 (Distribution layer)
> and few Nexus 2000 fabric extender (Edge).
>
>    Which Proposal is best and why? comments needed.

Cisco, definitely.  I always recommend Cisco because their colour scheme is
nicer.

In return, can you answer a question that's been puzzling me for a while?
I need to buy some string for tying things together: can you recommend the
correct type and length that will suit my requirements, and why?  It's
important for me to ensure that the length isn't too long and isn't too
short, and is just the correct strength.  I need redundancy here!

Please provide reasons.  thanks,

Nick