[c-nsp] Chassis Failure Rate

Brian Fitzgerald fitzgeraldb at camosun.bc.ca
Thu Feb 25 10:53:28 EST 2010

Once with a 6500 - we had a chassis that stopped recognizing the left power
supply.  It still delivered power, but the Sup couldn't tell what model PS
it was, so assumed it was a 1300W unit (and shut down half the chassis if
the other supply failed).

Numerous fan failures with Cat4000s, but no problems with our 4500s

Brian