[c-nsp] PIX/ASA "show counters" command

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Thu Feb 25 13:55:52 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Antonio Soares wrote:

> I have a customer swearing that these counters are related with TCP sessions to/from the PIX/ASA and i found it very strange. Why
> would we need so many details about that ? These counters make sense for connections traversing the PIX/ASA. By the way, this was
> what the customer was looking for.

To add to David's reply - if the customer is looking for debugging the
connections through the box (I presume something is dropped where they
would not expect to), the "show asp drop" would be a useful area to
explore.

And a capture with the type "asp-drop" will be helpful in verifying which
exactly packets are being dropped for each of the reasons.

cheers,
andrew