[c-nsp] compact flash modules for Sup720-3bxl..

Ben Basler (bbasler) bbasler at cisco.com
Fri Feb 26 20:33:18 EST 2010

As of SXI 2GB Cisco CF is supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/release/notes/features.html#wp4208036

Issue with 3rd party vendor CF's is that each CF has an internal controller that sits before the actual flash memory. Vendors change those internal controller versions w/o necessarily indicating this on the packaging/to the user. The quality/timings of these internal controllers varies vastly which can result in interop issues.

Cheers,
Ben