[c-nsp] Newbie question on OC3 on 7206VXR

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Sat Feb 27 21:34:03 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 08:23:55AM -0700, Nick Voth wrote:
[...Qwest ATM for DSL -- config request...]

> The card I've been told will work for the OC3 is a PA-A3-OC3SMI. I'm just
> curious if anyone has any tips or tricks for a similar setup. I'd really
> love to avoid the "banging my head on the desk" stage in this setup...

Below is a cut-n-paste from another Qwest OC-3 aggregation port.
We used a PA-A3-OC3SMI:
   !Slot 6: type ATM WAN OC3 SMI, 1 ports
   !Slot 6: hvers 2.0 rev A0
   !Slot 6: part 73-2427-04

I won't guarantee that it is the ideal solution -- but it worked for
several years.  The 'range' command is useful to keep your config
looking cleaner.  The 'pvc-in-range' command is useful for "one off"
situations.

Hope this helps...  (If it is useful, an engineer that worked for me
put things together.  If it isn't useful -- it's all my fault...)

!
interface ATM6/0
 description Qwest DSL aggregation
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no atm enable-ilmi-trap
 bundle-enable
!
interface ATM6/0.10000 point-to-point
 description DSL Qwest
 no atm enable-ilmi-trap
 range qwestdslA pvc 1/32 1/1023
  dbs enable
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1
 !
  pvc-in-range 1/53
   encapsulation aal5mux  ppp Virtual-Template2
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback1
 ip verify unicast reverse-path