[c-nsp] Load Balancing

Jason Shearer jshearer at amedisys.com
Tue Jan 5 09:46:09 EST 2010

What switching platform are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Mohammad Khalil
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 7:55 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Load Balancing

hi all

i have 2 web servers connecting to one of the LAN switches
i am thinking of implement HSRP for outgoing traffic thats right ??
the 2 servers are connected via cross cable as well for making data transfer as fast as possible
now the what i want to do from my routers is that when requsting web page hosted on the 2 sites can i make load balancer using normal router ??
if one of the 2 we servers are down can i redirect the request to the other one in case of failure ?

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_3:092010