[c-nsp] mac-address-table flags on 7600/6500

Dmitry Kiselev dmitry at dmitry.net
Wed Jan 6 07:56:36 EST 2010

Hello!

Could anybody explain me flags shown on "show mac-address-table detail"
SP output. I see traffic lose for host with MAC address marked "Trp=Yes".
I already found quick fix "clear mac-address-table dynamic", but
situation repeating time to time, which starts to bother me...
Looking for root cause and finally - the solution. :)

P.S. C7600/RSP720-3CXL under 12.2(33)SRC4. Mod.3,4,7 - 6708-3CXL

Router#remote command switch sh mac add 00e0.4cd0.a35c detail

Displaying entries from SP:
Address Type Vlan   Mac  Address  Index Proto XTg Fld  Age AgeTmr RMA RM  PI_E Aln Trp Mod Nty Cap SwB
-------+----+-----+--------------+-----+-----+---+---+----+------+---+---+----+---+---+---+---+---+--
0xD3F0   DY  17    00e0.4cd0.a35c 342    ---- 0   No  0x7F 0      No  No  Yes  Yes Yes No  No  No  0

Router#remote command module 3 sh mac add 00e0.4cd0.a35c detail

Displaying entries from DFC 3:
Address Type Vlan   Mac  Address  Index Proto XTg Fld  Age AgeTmr RMA RM  PI_E Aln Trp Mod Nty Cap SwB
0xD3F0   DY  17    00e0.4cd0.a35c 342    ---- 0   No  0x85 0      No  No  Yes  No  No  Yes No  No  0

Router#remote command module 4 sh mac add 00e0.4cd0.a35c detail

Displaying entries from DFC 4:
Address Type Vlan   Mac  Address  Index Proto XTg Fld  Age AgeTmr RMA RM  PI_E Aln Trp Mod Nty Cap SwB
0xD3F0   DY  17    00e0.4cd0.a35c 342    ---- 0   No  0x5F 0      No  No  Yes  Yes Yes No  No  No  0

Router#remote command module 7 sh mac add 00e0.4cd0.a35c detail

Displaying entries from DFC 7:
Address Type Vlan   Mac  Address  Index Proto XTg Fld  Age AgeTmr RMA RM  PI_E Aln Trp Mod Nty Cap SwB