[c-nsp] cisco frame-relay termination without a frame switch

P.A razor at meganet.net
Wed Jan 6 14:41:21 EST 2010

Hi, we have a frame-relay switch that is no longer working. we have 28 t1s
on a channelized T3. I was wondering if anyone knows how and if it's
possible to terminate frame lines on a cisco, either a 7200 or 6500 without
a frame switch.

I followed the example here,

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741
<http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741&seqNum=7>
&amp;seqNum=7

but this will not work for me as it assumes you have 2 different frame-relay
circuits on two different t1 ports. I'm using a PA MC T# canrd and I also
tried creating sub interfaces off the t1 channel, but when I use the
frame-relay route command I gives me an error that both DLCIs are on the
same interface L.

All I'm trying to do is terminate a frame-relay on a cisco without a
frame-relay switch. if this possible could someone give me an example or
point me in that direction.

thanks! paul