[c-nsp] Bug ID CSCsv50653

Hector Herrera mail4hh at pobox.com
Wed Jan 6 17:47:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Jeff Kell <jeff-kell at utc.edu> wrote:
> On 1/6/2010 4:55 PM, Jason Shearer wrote:
>> After reload, 3550 does not load share
>>
>> 1st Found-In
>> 12.2(35)SE
>> Known Affected Versions
>>

>> Fixed-In
>> 12.2(50)SE
>> 12.2(50)SE1
>>

> Well, that's a major crock-o-stuff, as 12.2(46)SE6 is the last
> officially supported/provided IOS release for that platform (other than
> the DC version).
>
> Jeff

Yes, that is quite ugly.  I'm currently using 12.2(50)SE3 on a
3550-12T and the only difficulties that I have run into is a high (
>90% cpu load when total throughput on the load-balanced links reaches
200 Mbps ).

I am curious to find out if the high cpu load is caused by some
incompatibility between 12.2(50)SE3 and the 3550-12T (since the
version is not officially supported on the platform).  However, this
bug (no load sharing after reload) is making me think twice about
testing 12.2(46)SE6.

On the other hand, the bug fix for this issue could be the reason for
the high cpu load ....

Out of curiosity, is anybody here using a 3550 to route more than
200Mbps ( at about 40,000 packets per second forwarding rate ), I
would be interested in comparing cpu loads with or without
load-sharing.

Thank you for all the copies of the bug that I received (both to the
list and privately).

--
Hector Herrera