[c-nsp] Difference in OSPF maximum-paths - operational problem?

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Fri Jan 8 16:02:33 EST 2010

It is my experience that 6 of the 7 will randomly be chosen, each time an
SPF run is done a different 6th could be installed. With enough CPU power it
shouldn't cause issues, but in the past I've seen routers running close to
the limit that cause traffic loss. This was with the default configuration
of 4 and having the possibility of 8 though, so we may have been removing
all 4 active and replacing them at times. We upped the maximum to 8 and
never had the issue again.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com