[c-nsp] Using Advanced IP vs Advanced Enterprise IOS Image

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:27:10 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Devon True <devon at noved.org> wrote:

> All:
>
> I am looking at upgrading our Cat6500s (Sup720/MSFC3) and we currently
> run an Advanced Enterprise image. Since we are an IP-only shop, I am
> looking at using Advanced IP instead, but I didn't know if it brought
> any advantages or disadvantages. Does it offer any savings in memory or
> other resources? We have 512MB of flash space, so that is not a concern.

I used feature navigator to compare the enterprise version to the advanced
ip version.  I didn't see anything we wanted that was only in Enterprise, so
went with advanced IP.  I don't know if it has any savings in memory or
other resources, but not having all those features that aren't going to be
used seems a plus.  As well as not having to put a "no mop ena" on every
interface :)

It just occurred to me that 'ttcp' used to be only in the Enterprise
version.. no idea if it's in advanced IP now [not being at work] or if
there's any other "goodies" that are only in Enterprise.

Regards,
Lee