[c-nsp] QinQ Layer2 QoS - 3550?

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at internet.ao
Mon Jan 11 09:36:30 EST 2010

Hi Guys,

We have a number of Cisco 3550's doing QinQ on a Metro-E network.

I was wondering whether anybody is succesfully copying the 802.1P info from
the Inner Tag, to the Outer Tag.

From the following doc:
http://www.cisco.mn/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html

The priority field on the metro tag is set to the interface class of service
(CoS) priority configured on the tunnel port (the default is zero if none is
configured).

IEEE 802.1Q Tunneling and Other Features
 Although IEEE 802.1Q tunneling works well for Layer 2 packet switching, there
are incompatibilities between some Layer 2 features and Layer 3 switching.
 •Tunnel ports do not support IP access control lists (ACLs).
 •Layer 3 quality of service (QoS) ACLs and other QoS features related to
Layer 3 information are not supported on tunnel ports. MAC-based QoS is
supported on tunnel ports.

What does one need to support Layer-2 QoS on QinQ, newer Juniper EX switches?
Cisco 3750's?

Thanks,
Rolf