[c-nsp] 6500 - FABRIC-SP-3-DISABLE_FAB

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 11:40:05 EST 2010

> Anyone have any thoughts as to what might be occurring here? We can
> replace the card in slot 13 as well but we are concerned about the
> exciting game of musical fabric errors the switch is playing.

This might sound a bit odd, but you might see it go away with a reload.
We've had funnies with fabric channels that were reliably reproducible,
until we reloaded the box as a "last try" before RMAing - and it and all
of its linecards have been fine since.

Not the more reassuring statement I know.

If you have a spare chassis you could try GOLDing the relevant cards one
by one, using the disruptive tests (standard disclaimer: some of the
disruptive tests fail if there's *ANY* config on the box at all; some
fail under certain IOS versions; and so forth). If the cards all pass,
it's probably fine :o/