[c-nsp] GRE tunnel optimization

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:37:20 EST 2010

Hi Adam,

The " ip tcp adjust-mss 1460" adjusts TCP traffic which IPsec is not,
so you can safely remove it.
Try to change the TCP MSS on the Sonicwalls - I suggest to something
conservative - 1390 for example.

If it won't help (or there is no knob for this on Sonicwalls) try to:
- ping across GRE tunnel on clear without IPSEC
- determine whether this is MTU size issue - by pinging with larger
and larger packets.

-pavel