[c-nsp] Ethernet Network

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:33:13 EST 2010

hi all

thanks all for ur response

i checked where i can deploy MTU on my network
on the Cisco ME-C3750-24TE with IOS c3750me-i5-mz.122-35.SE5.bin
it has 4 G interfaces , 2 of them are MPLS enabled
there is no command under the interface mode mtu
but there is
on the FE port
switch(config-if)#mpls mtu ?
  <64-1500>  MTU (bytes)
  override   Override mpls mtu maximum of interface mtu
on the GE port
ar6.HS-AMM-017(config-if)#mpls mtu ?
  <64-1512>  MTU (bytes)
  override   Override mpls mtu maximum of interface mtu

on the global mode:
switch(config)#system mtu ?
  <1500-1998>  MTU size in bytes
  jumbo        Set Jumbo MTU value for GigabitEthernet or TenGigabitEthernet interfaces
  routing      Set the Routing MTU for the system
on the cisco ME-C6524GT-8S
switch(config)#system jumbomtu ?
  <1500-9216>  Jumbo mtu size in Bytes, default is 9216