[c-nsp] MPLS TE and PIM

swap m ccie19804 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:21:58 EST 2010

ask yourself this way -
1. are TE tunnels bi-directional? answer is no
2. can a TE tunnel receive traffic? again the answer is no.

A TE tunnel is for sending traffic, not for receiving. PIM neighborship
hence is established on physical interface, not on the TE interface coz you
need bidirectional flow between the neighbors.
RPF failures may happen when you receive multicast traffic via physical
interface while the routing table has a route via TE interface. Either "mpls
traffic-eng multicast-intact" or static mroutes can be used to solve these
RPF issues. Forwarding adj doesnt work with multicast-intact feature.

HTH

Swap
#19804