[c-nsp] Differences between 3750-E and 3560-E switches

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jan 19 17:01:14 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 15:17 -0500, Matthew Huff wrote:
> Other than stackwise on the 3750-E, I haven't been able to discern a
> whole lot of differences between the two switches. Since the 3750-E is
> about 2 x the price of a similar 3560-E, I want to make sure I'm not
> missing anything. Does anyone know of any literature that compares the
> two? Anyone have any war stories?

I also can't tell the difference. We've been using pairs of 3560E's as
replacement for stacked pairs of 3750G's (non-E) and are very happy
about that.

They have almost the exact same specs according to the data sheets[0]
apart from the stacking thing. And in my eyes it's wrong to pay for
specific "low availability" features. ;-)

--
Peter

[0]: Links to data sheets for the two models:

Cisco Catalyst 3560-E Series Switches
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7078/product_data_sheet0900aecd805bac22.html

Cisco Catalyst 3750-E Series Switches Data Sheet
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/product_data_sheet0900aecd805bbe67.html