[c-nsp] Differences between 3750-E and 3560-E switches

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:19:27 EST 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:11:22 -0500
> From: Matthew Huff <mhuff at ox.com>
> To: "'Peter Rathlev'" <peter at rathlev.dk>
> Cc: "'cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net'" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Differences between 3750-E and 3560-E switches
>
> > I also can't tell the difference. We've been using pairs of 3560E's as
> > replacement for stacked pairs of 3750G's (non-E) and are very happy
> > about that.
> >
> > They have almost the exact same specs according to the data sheets[0]
> > apart from the stacking thing. And in my eyes it's wrong to pay for
> > specific "low availability" features. ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Peter
>

> I've read through the data sheets, and I also can't see any signficant
> differences. I was wondering if there was some hardware differences (like
> CAM table size, ethernet input/output buffer sizes), etc...
>
> That stacking feature IS the cool thing.  If you don't need it; skip it,
maybe even look at the 295x or 296x platform unless you possibly need POE as
well - the "2"s don't support it.  But the ability to team/etherchannel
servers via LACP and use BOTH teamed links at the same time instead of
single links due to spanning-tree blocking is a great thing.  It is one
reason GLBP is not available on the 3750s - its not needed to get load
balanced routing either.

Just think of the 3750s as baby VSS-6500s or Nexus 7Ks  :)