[c-nsp] A good SSL VPN Solution ?

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Thu Jan 21 11:08:31 EST 2010

> Hi all,
>
> Can you advise me a good vpn ssl solution for accessing Office LAN
> from my desktop computer without having to install a client software ?
> We should be able to access machines with ssh, http, imap and https.
>
> Are cisco asa appliances a good solution for this purpose ? In this
> case, what bundle would one choose for about 50 users ?
>
> I've already tried adito, which is a good open source product, it
> forked into a proprietary solution, SSL Explorer.

If you need only a client VPN that tunnels to your network. ASA with
Anyconnect Essentials license works well and is inexpensive. If you a
more advanced setup that will give your VPN users a "Portal" with
links to things such as intranet pages, remote desktop sessions, file
shares, etc you should definitely check out Juniper's SSLVPN SA-XXXX
(IVE) devices as they are incredible boxes:

http://www.juniper.net/in/en/products-services/security/sa-series/

The downside is that these devices are only SSLVPN endpoints, not firewalls.

--Chris