[c-nsp] CPE with tracking redundancy and long lived (UDP) nat sessions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Sun Jan 24 13:25:49 EST 2010

Thanks for the response.

The nat is inside nat of course.

After the routing and egress changes, the router should be well aware
that continued traffic no longer matches the

ip nat inside source route-map ISPA Di1 overload

and now matches the

ip nat inside source route-map ISPB Di2 overload

for a simplistic example.

So the old translations are no longer valid with the new egress. They
should be abandoned and new ones created.

However, the router continues to send the traffic out the new interface
with the nat session and translation setup when the egress was the old
interface.

New sessions work just fine.

This isnt a problem for web browsing and possibly not for most other TCP
sessions. "Stateless" sessions such as UDP and ICMP seem to be most
problematic.

And I would be quite happy clearing just the translations for the
"wrong" global for all local inside translations, but syntax does not
seem to allow that.

clear ip nat inside a.b.c.d * would be quite nice.