[c-nsp] Self rebooting pix?

Vincent C Jones v.jones at networkingunlimited.com
Mon Jan 25 20:55:32 EST 2010

Another possibility, given that it is a PIX501, is a loose power
connection. Some of the older PIX 501s were so sensitive it seemed they
would power cycle if you so much as looked at them. Moving the box, or
even bumping into the desk they were on, could reboot them. Crazy,
because otherwise they are solid and will run for years with no issues.

Good luck and good hunting!
--
Vincent C. Jones
Networking Unlimited, Inc.