[c-nsp] MPLS VPN Running BGP w/ failover IPSec VPN Over Internet

Jason LeBlanc jasonleblanc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:19:40 EST 2010

Team,

This questions was put out there before in another chain but I wasn't able to figure out the best solution.  We have multiple campuses connecting to an MPLS VPN cloud running BGP internally.  At some locations we have backup ISP services and an IPSec VPN tunnel over that.  Currently BGP provides a default route to each campus as external BGP / Pref 40 / Metric 0.  Our backup IPSec is in as a Static / Pref 20 / Metric 32000.  When we lose BGP/MPLS VPN we want the IPSec tunnel to begin routing traffic between the campus and our main datacenter.  What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks,

//LeBlanc