[c-nsp] MPLS VPN Running BGP w/ failover IPSec VPN Over Internet

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 27 05:24:51 EST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:14:43PM -0500, Luan Nguyen wrote:
> Back when I was at VzB managed services, it's EIGRP over the DMVPN/IPSEC
> tunnel backing up BGP MPLS.

Something along that line would be my suggestion as well.  Run an IGP over
the IPSEC tunnels (GRE-in-IPSEC, routing protocol on that) and also on
the MPLS links (as you can't reliably see whether an ethernet link is
"down" without some sort of protocol hello).

Set metrics so that MPLS links will be preferred, while available.  Done.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de