[c-nsp] Network Management solution for Large Cisco deployement

Hansen, Ulrich Vestergaard B. (E R WP EN 342) uvh at siemens.com
Fri Jan 29 06:39:07 EST 2010

Hi all,

We are moving forward at a very high pace at the moment. We currently
maintain a multi-vendor environment with approx. 9000 switches, routers
and firewalls.
Over the next few years that number is expected to grow by another
3000-5000 devices.

We have multiple NMS systems running today, but as we regionalizes we
want to keep track of everything in one preferely NMS.
CiscoWorks LMS has a limit of 10.000 devices (and it's only for Cisco
ofc.) so i'm not sure this is the right solution for us.
New devices deployed will be Cisco only.

What are my alternatives in terms of large scale management and
deployment (Up to 50.000+ devices) ?

Thanks.

// Ulrich