[c-nsp] BGP inject map question

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jan 29 12:00:36 EST 2010

Andrew,

> for the cisco people here (hehehe), can i do the following:
>
> use an inject map for a route that is locally originated, i think im
> having issues with the route source ie.

I'm not 100% sure, but looking how this is implemented, it seems like
you can't use the exist-map to match for locally-originated prefixes.
Can you verify your config with a remotely-learnt route (i.e. just
change the exist-map) to verify?

> i have been trying and cant get it working,
> basiclly i have an MPLS VPN extranet and lan address of the CE is in
> the same subnet as a /32 host i wish to advertise into the VPN.

How about a hack:

int fas 0/1
 ip address 123.123.123.1 255.255.255.0
!
ip route 123.123.123.12 255.255.255.255 fas0/1 123.123.123.12

and then do a "redistribute static" or a network entry.

So you will advertise the /32 as long as the interface is up, which
should achieve the same as your inject-map example. Not very pretty, but
effective?

	oli