[c-nsp] Traceroute parser/visualizer

Daniel Hagerty hag at linnaean.org
Fri Jan 29 16:02:59 EST 2010

<tkacprzynski at SpencerStuart.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for some tool/script that takes in traceroute output
> generated by Cisco devices and graphs it.

    The Net::Traceroute perl module could be pretty readily tweaked to
do this.  There might be one or two places where the output parsing
needs to be adjusted, as cisco's output is slightly different from
stock LBL traceroute, but only slightly.  Also, parsing from text
rather than running traceroute on its own isn't officially in the API,
but it's easy enough to do anyway.

    I'm its maintainer, and am going to look at doing this, as its all
useful functionality that isn't there, but ought to be.