[c-nsp] BGP inject map question

Yan Filyurin yanf787 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 21:22:41 EST 2010

Well the problem is that you are originating the the route as opposed to receiving it, so it would not come from anywhere. Not sure if this could even work.  What if you tried it without a route source or by redistributing connected instead of a network statement?  Most likely it won't work either.

But would you be able to define a static route for that /32 point it to the CE, even though it is in the same subnet and redistribute it into BGP and that way you could have your /32 in the table without the inject map.  Could it work for you?

I tried in on newer IOS, but this static route trick might be as old as the Earth itself.   Don't know how well it would work in a VRF environment, but you could associate with that VRF and defined various community attribute.

Yan