[c-nsp] QoS for MetroEthernet

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:34:48 EST 2010

Hi Omar,

No you definively should not take any special considerations for Metro
link - you are the end customer the service is transparent to you - it
moves packets back and forth.

Therefore it is hard to tell what is the actual problem. It is easy to
troubleshoot though - sniff it:
a) sniff the SQL activity with Serial link
b) sniff the SQL activity with Metro link
c) compare and find out what types of packets do not get on the other side.

There could be number of things that can go wrong - like service
provider maximum MTU, certain TOS values being dropped etc. etc.

-pavel

p.s. For sniffing we usually use Wireshark.