[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 reboots on its own... again...

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Mon Jul 5 08:12:00 EDT 2010

Hello Alan,

2010/7/5 Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>

> Hi,
>
> > ==> Blades didn't move for months if not years for some ! Plus, diags
> passed fully without any kind of problem !
>
> we had an issue earlier this year when the temperature of a data
> centre went up by 3 degrees and cooled repidly. yep. reseating the blade
> fixed it. hmmm. :-)

==> Are you implying that a slight temperature raise of 3 degrees was enough
to provoque the dilation of the line cards inside the chassis ?!?

Hmm.... Curious, I noticed a slight increase of our DC's temp between last
saturday night and sunday morning for a few hours (approx 10h) :

- the SUP' temp went from 22°C to 24°C

- the chassis' temp went from 26°C to 28°C

Hmm.... It's a possibility but the odds are fairly small compared to a
software bug, don't you think ?

Thanks.

Y.

--
Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR ………………………………………………
Ingénieur Réseaux et Télécoms

Technopole de l'Aube  en Champagne - BP 601 - 10901 TROYES  Cedex 9
Agence Paris : 6, rue Charles Floquet - 92120 MONTROUGE
Tel                 +33 (0) 825 000 720
Tel. direct      +33 (0) 1 77 35 59 14
Tel. portable  +33 (0) 6 22 42 63 80
Email            ybz at 720.fr