[c-nsp] iBGP Route Reflection

Thierry thierry at autempspourmoi.be
Tue Jul 6 08:53:54 EDT 2010

Hello,

We would like to get some advices from you regarding the configuration of
iBGP Route Reflection.

To prevent too many iBGP sessions inside our network, here is what we would
like to do:

1.	The two main routers connected to the upstreams (both get full
internet table from them) will be Route Reflectors. We will create a cluster
on these two routers.
2.	All others routers inside the network will be clients and will have
a session with the two RRs only. I don't think we will have non-clients
routers; we want to avoid full meshed routers as much as we can.
3.	The configuration on the two RRs with all the clients will be done
with peer-groups.

Could you tell us if it's the correct way?

The cluster should be configured only on the RRs or on every router?

This RR mechanism doesn't apply for the external routes, right?

Do you have any other suggestions? Something we should be aware of?

Thanks.

Thierry