[c-nsp] high cpu on VIP in 7507

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Wed Jul 7 13:34:26 EDT 2010

Hi Pete,

Did not switch out the underlying VIP in this case. We installed a
VIP4-80 with a PA-GE. I have a few other chassis that are running this
fine, but they are running older IOS versions than this one. Just
thought it was unusual that we would see such high CPU on the VIP. I
get the same performance with the GEIP which is a VIP2-50, hence the
reason I called out the VIP types in the original post.

We also see the same performance on a regular VIP2-50 with a PA-FE-TX
in it. Anything at 10Mbps or above cause the VIP to use 99% CPU which
does not seem right. I would just roll this chassis back to the same
IOS as the other ones, but need this version for the MFR support.

I did notice that this card is using flow-control where all my others
are showing "flow-control is unsupported". I have looked but have not
found a way to disable this.

-Troy