[c-nsp] Can UCS 6120XP be used for normal host connectivity?

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Wed Jul 7 23:29:24 EDT 2010

If you have the 6120s deployed in End Host Mode, then this is not
currently possible.  If you are running them in switch mode then they
behave like a normal switch and you can do this setup.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10278/products_configuration_example09186a0080af3171.shtml

To change the mode, issue the command: set mode {end-host|switch}

We tried to do almost this exact setup, with 2 primary upstream N5Ks,
and a separate connection using pin groups to send backup traffic out a
separate interface.  We were unable to get this to work with the M81KR
cards in the B250 blades, and ended up just making the backup network a
separate VLAN on the same 10G uplinks instead of an isolated physical
segment.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions and I'll try to
answer them from what issues we've run into with the UCS.

Jeremy