[c-nsp] CRC fixing

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Jul 9 03:06:10 EDT 2010

On 7/8/10 11:57 PM, vijay gore wrote:
> hi,
>
> heavy CRC error generating on serial link,
>
> anyone can tell me reason ?? solution ??

Most likely physical layer issues.  Wet copper cable pairs (T-1), dirty
fiber (optical), etc.  Can you be more specific as to the nature of the
link such as speed, internal cable or purchased WAN link from a carrier,
etc.?

You'll likely have to take it out of service and run loopback tests to
isolate and repair the problem.

If this is a new circuit turn-up it could be a configuration issue such
as framing, linecode, clocking, etc.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net