[c-nsp] pvlan (Private Vlan) setup question

Bøvre Jon Harald Jon.Harald.Bovre at hafslund.no
Fri Jul 9 09:01:52 EDT 2010

Had the same problem a few years ago.
Was solved using a separate vlan for each switch (we had 3500XL CPE)
Scale to a few hundred CPE switches
Support for ip unnumbered from SXF

6500

Int vl 100
Ip add 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

Int vlan 200
Desc CPE switch 1
Ip unnumbered vlan 100
Ip local proxy-arp (ip proxy-arp local??)

Int vlan 201
Desc CPE switch 2
Ip unnumbered vlan 100
Ip local proxy-arp (ip proxy-arp local??)

3750
Use ordinary private vlan config, using separate vlan on each switch

Jon Harald Bøvre