[c-nsp] 10 gig ethernet interface up, line protocol down on VSL connection

Church, Charles Charles.Church at harris.com
Fri Jul 9 21:00:19 EDT 2010

Anyone,

	Ran into a weird issue today with a re-build of a VSS pair.  A botched IOS upgrade forced me to rebuild the pair.  Was going ok, but I'm having trouble getting the VSL link up between the two.  Switch 2 had the port channel for the VSL link up/up, but on switch 1, it stays up/down.  Adding a second 10 gig link to the port channel on each side resulted in both up/up on switch 2, and both up/down on switch 1.  It was working a month ago in a lab, the lab guys upgrading to SXI4 killed the config.  I'm starting from scratch.  I ran out of time today, didn't get a chance to see if the ints would come up if the 'switch virtual link 1' command wasn't on there, or check the logs.  Using 2 ints should have ruled out bad X2 modules.  Just wondering if anyone has seem something similar with VSS.

Thanks,

Chuck