[c-nsp] basic ATOM setup not working

Reinhold Fischer reinhold.fischer at gmx.net
Sun Jul 11 07:43:24 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:19 AM, selamat pagi <ketimun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a working ATOM setup with
> router CE1 - Router PE1 -- MPLS -- router PE2 -- router CE2
>
> Everything worked fine, but now I have to change the router CE2 to a switch
> and the switchport  needs to be access or trunk (but not routed).
>
> How can this be solved ?

> PE2
> interface FastEthernet1/0.1
>  encapsulation dot1Q 26
>  no cdp enable
>  xconnect 20.4.2.2 100 encapsulation mpls
>
> CE2
> interface FastEthernet0/1
>  switchport access vlan 26
>  switchport mode access

Hi,

the encapsulation of CE2  does not match the encapsulation on PE2. PE2
expects 802.1q tagged frames but CE2 sends untagged frames. Either
change the CE-Interface config to a trunk (encapsulation dot1q,
switchport mode trunk) or change the interface configuration on PE2 to
expect untagged frames. If you change the config of PE2, then you have
to enable interworking since the two attachment circuits are then
different ("interworking ethernet").

hth,

Reinhold