[c-nsp] Multiple E1s on 2821

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 07:21:34 EDT 2010

All,

We have three E1 voice circuits on a 2821 - two from the same provider
on on E1 0/0/0 and E1 0/0/1, and a third from a different provider on a
E1 0/1/0 - a separate VIC.

After fixing a broken fan on the router, the third E1 is experiencing
slip seconds.  The other two are clean, and I suspect this is due to the
router being configure to use the clock from E1 0/0/0.  There is no loss
of service, however I'm keen to sort out this problem as it might affect
service in the future.

How can I resolve the problem?  Is it possible to use a different clock
for each VIC?

Regards,

Peter