[c-nsp] Problem traffic network

"Veloso Varas, Sebastián (TECH-IT)" sveloso at tech-it.cl
Tue Jul 13 09:50:49 EDT 2010

Dear,

I have a Cisco 3750G, in StackWise mode you are doing, my core-network
access. I have a potential of 200 users connected, segmented into VLANs.
Also, I have three C2960G switches connected by fiber optics. The issue
is that a week ago, there was a power outage that affects the heart and
a C2960G C3750G. Since then, the network that is in the C2960G can not
connect, but beware, it is certain VLAN only. For example, on my network
I have the 130 and VLAN network users physically located in the C2960G
are connected by VLAN 115, and this has problems. Also, I have a server
that goes by another C2960G lost some time that the ping and connectivity.

The way to remedy this, is putting on a VLAN interface "arp timeout 60"
and when I do other VLAN with a "clear arp-cache" Is this harmful to
improve performance?
As data, I have a server that behaves like this trafficking fileserver
85.0 Mb / s on an interface directly to the C3750G, and originate in
another server that is sending information of images "This can also
compromise performance?

My VLAN configuration if it works

interface Vlan130
 ip address 172.18.X.X 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 no ip mroute-cache
 ntp disable
end

interface Vlan115
 ip address 172.18.y.y 255.255.255.0
 no ip mroute-cache
 ntp disable
 arp timeout 60
end

Interfaces de Trunking Switches C3760G -> C2960G

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/52
 description xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan
10,100,103-109,111,115,123-126,130,133,160,168
 switchport trunk allowed vlan add 200,300,350,370,375
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
 storm-control broadcast level 80.00
 storm-control multicast level 80.00