[c-nsp] Brief CPU spikes on 6500 Sup 720

JC Cockburn ccie15385 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:03:16 EDT 2010

Hi Phil,
I had a problem like this last year on 6500's.
It was related to bug: CSCsk23521
Basically a server in our datacenter used multicast addresses in the range
allocated for BPDU's, and this just killed the SP (100% CPU...).

If you do a "remote command switch sh proc cpu" on the 6500 you can see if
the SP CPU is under fire...

Cheers
JC