[c-nsp] L2VPN with IP address

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:40:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a situation, where a customer wants a full BGP table
(persuasion failed already), but is connected to small router (2821),
with not enough memory to get anywhere near full table.  I have few
other routers (ASR1K, 7600) that would normally be used for that, but
are in far-away locations. Of course I can set up a local BGP session
and then add a multihop one for the full feed, but that doesn't seem
like an elegant solution any more. All the routers run MPLS, so if I
could get a xconnect going between one of the bigger boxes and the
small PE, without actually wasting port on the bigger router (by
having some sort of logical interface) then I could run the BGP
session directly. I had a look on Cisco website, but either it's not
possible or that kind of bridging has a special name that I can't pin
down. If you've heard of such feature - please let me know.

kind regards
Pshem