[c-nsp] A few very Quick IP SLA questions

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Jul 17 13:18:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Drew Weaver wrote:

> 2) If the router has multiple paths to the destination does specifying
> the source-address mean that 100% of the time it will use the Interface
> that the indicated source address is assigned to?

For IPv4 I've found this to be generally true (using loopback interface),
for IPv6 in 12.4(24)T it's not true (bug filed and ACKed as a problem).
---

So if I make the source one end of a /30 and the destination the other end of a /30 it could potentially exit the router on the other uplink interface?

The reply I received from the first responder confused me further.

thanks,
-Drew