[c-nsp] NX-OS - Fabric Path

Church, Charles Charles.Church at harris.com
Mon Jul 19 22:36:19 EDT 2010

Just be careful about connecting the mgmt0 interfaces to anything prior to
configuring them.  The default IP address of 10.1.1.50 on them (at least on
the 4.2 5000s) will cause a spectacular ARP storm when they conflict with
each other, like when you attach several unconfigured ones to the same
network.  Several thousand PPS, eventual reloads, etc.  Our installation
guys got ahead of the config guys in our new DC, nice little mess it made.
Not sure why they put a default address on them, hope it's something they
correct in the future.

Chuck