[c-nsp] Slightly OT: Network Mapping Tools

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:27:04 EDT 2010

I used to used HP Network Node Manager at a previous employer and
thought it did a really good job of automatically mapping the network,
especially since it handled L3 and L2 discovery well after a bit of
tweaking. I'm at a new place now and I'm wondering if there are any
good automated mapping tools out there. I want to focus on Cisco
routers and switches. I don't need something to map every other device
on the network, so I'd need to have a good way to filter out
extraneous stuff.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John