[c-nsp] Mysterious GRE tunnel flap

Quinn Kuzmich lostinmoscow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:17:49 EDT 2010

Ok, I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help out with.  I have two
1841s seperated by a Metro-E WAN.  Over this is a GRE tunnel to route
multicast.  Every morning at 8AM EST, give or take 3 minutes, the tunnel
will go down for about 30 seconds.  This happens every morning at this time,
there are no errors in EIGRP, nor on the WAN side (plenty of tickets opened
and we were watching the circuit when the flap happened, no dice) and we're
at a real loss.  Maybe a bug in the IOS?  An angry voodoo priest somewhere?

Ideas?  Thanks in advance!