[c-nsp] ASR1000 Series PPPoA

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu Jul 22 04:12:51 EDT 2010

>>Anyone heard anything on PPPoA on the ASR 1000 series yet?
>>As far as i know it isn't supported (yet?) but i might be wrong :)
>>PPPoA would make it a superb replacement for our 720X series

>We've been told it won't happen at least any time soon and to go with
>10k as an upgrade path...
>Not really in the same price range though!!!

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ios_xe/2/xe_2_5_newfeatlist.html
Lists pppoa ipv6,  pppoe on ATM , ppp session queueing on atm ....

So it looks like they are getting close, Tassos may be right on with
3.x.
I am going to talk to our account team and I think I'll wait before
forking out a ton of cash for ESRs...