[c-nsp] NX-OS - Fabric Path

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jul 24 18:57:07 EDT 2010

Thanks for posting this. I am seeing the same thing and since I know
that I am the only person with access to the switches I was wondering
where those addrs had come from. I am building the lab config and no
one else knows which console TS lines I was using or which ints.

I have two new 5020s running 4.2(1)N1(1) that were unboxed a week and
a half ago and set up in the lab area.  I got a chance to work on them
today and when looking at the config one of them had mgmt0 configured
with 10.1.1.61 and the other had mgmt0 configured with 10.1.1.63. Both
of them had the management vrf default route pointed to 10.1.1.1.

I am the only person working on these switches and I bypassed the
setup config when they were powered up. I did NOT configure them with
these addrs. Nor were they connected to any live network that had
access to any DHCP server. I have no idea where they got this
config. Probably a leftover from mfg testing?

Their mgmt0 ints were not connected to the same VLAN and I didn't see
an ARP storm.

-Charles

Charles E. Spurgeon / UTnet
UT Austin ITS / Networking