[c-nsp] Netflow and multicast on 7600

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:20:18 EDT 2010

We want to do some testing with Netflow on our 7600s. We have a lot of
multicast traffic, so we need to be able to export multicast flows.
We're running the 12.2 SXF train at the moment, but there is malloc
bug in that train if you turn on multicast support for Netflow.
Someone suggested that we try the SRC train, but that train fixed that
bug by removing multicast support in netflow entirely! That's one way
to fix it.

Is any one here doing netflow monitoring with multicast on 7600s? If
so, how are you pulling it off and what IOS are you running?

Thanks!
John